Thursday, March 1, 2012

Free 50GB cloud storage for android devices.

I recently came across Box.com through a friends recommendation. They are offering 50GB free for life to any one with an android device who registers on their website or through an android app.

I haven't explored the features yet but from reviews I have read, it doesn't have the magic that Dropbox has. However, I couldn't pass on 50GB free storage for life. Who knows one day I might have a need for it.

One can always upgrade for a monthly fee to enjoy additional features, even then, I doubt it comes close to the functionality and simplicity Dropbox.

There is one catch though, as a marketing tool, they will access your contacts list  (from your gmail account) but will not store the contact information on their servers. They want to mine email addresses I guess, to spread the word. I had no problem with this as I set up a new email account to access the android market place. I don't have any contacts stored in this email account.

Enough for now, if you want to take advantage do soon: This promotion ends on Friday, March 23, 2012 at 11:59pm PST


http://blog.box.com/2012/02/android-users-get-50gb-free-get-your-box50gb-and-enter-the-box-mobile-giveaway/

Ike Nwosu

No comments:

Post a Comment